From Rush Hour With Love

Tuesday 9 January 2007

Brave New World


Last night as I sat on the top deck of a 63 bus, silently gazing out through the slightly steamed windows, I pondered on why I felt compelled to create this blog.

Hmmmm....I remembered first being inspired by the man from catford's brilliant and witty blog which lovingly elaborates on those enigmatic experiences one can encounter from walking along the high street.
Having recently lived in Catford, I too have had my share of strange experiences most of which I have forgotten. And yet, having relocated to Forest Hill, I am finding that the odd occurrences pervade still...

But why create a blog now? As the bus swerved onto New Kent Road, I could see remnants from the festive celebrations in the wet and shining streets such as empty boxes once containing remote-controlled cars and bread-makers now stacked high in rubbish bins and the prettiest blue fairy-light icicles cascading from a flat balcony, forgotten by their owners but still sparkling... And it was then that I realised why now was a good a time as any to start this blog, rather than lose all these South-East London gems to accursed time I should record and remember them. Plus I have so much free time these days...

Anyway, welcome to my blog and a happy New Year to you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home